As is usual with such things there are rules to be followed:
- When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
- Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
- List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
I fall perilously close to the category of not having seven friends but I will list seven blogs that I consider to be worth reading who I don't think have picked up on this meme before. I have no expectation that those linked to will take up on this post so I hereby waive any obligation on their part to pass it on.
Syncaine over at Hardcore Casual: Pearls of superb gaming insight mixed in with entertaining public flame wars. Grab a ringside seat.
Bill Harris over a Dubious Quality. I really wish Bill allowed comments on his blog but nevertheless it is always an entertaining read. Bill's long running Friday links spot is a weekly treat.
Tipa at West Karana: The world needs more folk who are prepared to devote an entire blog and months of time to writing programs which solve an obscure online puzzle game. West Karana is the more accessible side of Tipa but still well worth reading.
Van Hemlock writes great articles about games that "the masses" have stopped playing, which suits me just fine. VH's written output has diminished somewhat recently due to an unhealthy fascination with these new fangled podcasts. A passing fad I am sure.
Construed because DM Osbon is the nicest guy in the gaming blogosphere.
Melmoth and Zoso over at Killled in a Smiling Accident because they make me laugh
MMeOw: An excellent Lotro blog. What's not to like?
Ten honest things about me ...ummm doesn't that go against the whole anonymous nature of the interwebs??? Anyway here are a few nuggets you may not know about me.
1. My first memorable experience of the internet was downloading programs and files from the enormous file server at White Sands Missile Base back in the mid 1980's.
2. I drive a 9 year old car.
3. My gaming computer is against a window. On the plus side I have a lovely view of a green space with several beautiful mature trees. On the down side I need to close the curtains in the morning to avoid glare.
4. I am an engineer by profession.
5. I used to collect PC Games. I liked having a copy of every significant title. At the height of my game collecting I was buying more than 50 games a year. Now I buy less than 10 games a year.
6. I have never played at least half of the games in my collection.
7. I am happier now than I was when I was twenty.
8. I am unable to warm to the Nintendo Wii.
9. On personality tests I usually score bang in the middle on several key parameters. I tend to see things in shades of grey rather than in black and white. Sometimes this is a strength. Sometimes it is a handicap.
10. I have high myopia (-7) and have worn glasses since I was a child. I tried contact lenses in my twenties but the benefits never seemed to outweigh the inconvenience.