Saturday, April 23, 2011

Where are all the weekend bloggers?

One of the disappointments of this here new fangled internet is that the whole of the blogosphere seems to go asleep at 6pm on Friday and not wake up again until 8am Monday morning. I realise that for many of us reading and writing blog posts is an activity best carried out during business hours when we are supposed to be gainfully employed doing something else but I feel it is time to move on from that. Our brains have become so accustomed to a ceaseless flow of digitally transmitted information that this 48 hour break at the end of every seven days has become intolerable. I call for an end to this quietude. Today is Saturday. Blog I say. Blog like you have never blogged before!

9 comments:

Stabs said...

Ha ha, well I cut and pasted a recruitment ad to my blog (which is as much a personal scrapbook as it is something written for an audience).

I'll probably churn some thoughts out today or tomorrow.

DM Osbon said...

Having a day job that denies my access to the net, I do my blogging at the weekends. I'll be posting about time-travel today or tomorrow so no excuses to not read & comment!

mbp said...

Well done Stabs and DM. You are hereby declared revered members of the order of weekend bloggers.

Time travel DM? I am intrigued.

DM Osbon said...

Yeah as I have seen both Source Code & the Time Travellers Wife recently. I'll knock some insight together over the weekend.

tagn said...

Blog on the weekend? That is when I have time to actually PLAY games.

Cap'n John said...

Agree with tagn. Why would we blog on the weekends? As soon as we get done with the Honey-Do list, it's game time!

mbp said...

Slackers! Can't you update your blogs on your smart phones while you are gaming.

Tesh said...

For what it's worth, I used to post on Saturdays, but inevitably, those posts got lost in the shuffle and slipped out of the conversational limelight. Some of my Friday posts suffer a similar fate, actually. If I want discussion on posts, I have found that it's most productive to post them Monday through Thursday.

Thallian said...

Since its the only honest time TO blog, for me anyways, I need to make a goal to do precisely that from now on. The trouble is Saturday gets filled up easily with lots of catchup work and games.