Sunday, November 14, 2010

Dogfighter, I think I love this game.

My shooter of choice at present is indie fly em up Dogfighter. It is available for cheap on Steam and it is a total blast. Imagine the shooty madness of Quake combined with an arcade biplane fighter game.

The funny thing is I suck at shooters and I suck at flying games but I love this.  I am using mouse and keyboard to control the plane and I find I can fairly fling it around the sky. I am sure I could probably pull tighter turns with a joystick but the increased precision of the mouse compensates. It took me a couple of hours to get the hang of the controls before it clicked.

Favourite Aircraft:  Swift Strike Fighter. It is all about speed.
Favourite Weapon: Hard to say I love them all but probably the shotgun just for the improbability of using one in an aircraft. Absolutely lethal when used correctly.

4 comments:

Anton said...

Hey, that looks really high quality for an indie game...looks good for a non-indie game!

Where I work, a team is developing Sky Legends, if you decide you want to try another dogfighter in the semi-near future. Coming out next Spring.

http://www.skylegends.com/

mbp said...

I found the sky legends website Anton and it looks good. The browser based nature of the game is a great idea because it should help to keep the numbers up for multi-player.

Cap'n John said...

If you have a Wii, you could do worse than check out Sky Crawlers:Innocent Aces. Yes, it's a Flight Sim/Shooter, of sorts, but it's a lot of fun.

mbp said...

Thanks for the recommendation Cap'n John, I will check it out.